3.19.2011

My Security

I wrote this poem yesterday afternoon and it was originally going to be about insecurities, but as you can tell by the title, I had a different thought as I went along.


My Security

It feels as if I'm in the spotlight now
I want to run, but I've forgotten how
But You are there to rescue me
You are my security

When I'm crashing into the sea
And when I'm sinking into the deep
You are there to rescue me
You are my security

So I bow my head and say a prayer
Knowing that You're always there
You're always there to rescue me
You'll always be my security

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That's beautiful! It seems as if it'd make a good song :)
And thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is quite lovely :D

~Lauren :)

annie p. said...

i like it, a lot!

rwendt said...

i love this! thanks for following my blog, i'm gonna enjoy following yours!!

Emily said...

I like this a lot. =)

Victoria said...

Just beautiful, Katy!

Stacie said...

That's beautiful!!! That would be an awesome song!
Thanks for following my blog! :) I am now your newest follower as well! Blessings on ya!